Sunday, December 27, 2015

Blog Post 1: Purpose of this Blog

I believe the purpose of gaming is to learn. What we learn is determined by the games we play and why we play them. Through thoughtful design, we can create games that revolutionize how we learn, work, and play. 

I have been gaming for as long as I can remember. While most of the games I've played were for entertainment value at the time, there were skills and knowledge embedded directly into my brain. For instance: I learned that it may take hours and hours of doing something to complete it, that strong bonds are built with those I've played games with, and that a good game can inspire myself to be better. 

This blog is dedicated to my thoughts on how gaming can make us better people. I will explore everything from board games to live action role playing. It is my sincere wish that you will join me in this conversation as we explore the power games. 

Thank you.

- Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment